Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cats out of the bag!

So this is a serious topic that I've kept kind of under wraps until recently. For anyone who doesn't know yet I have dropped out of college. Some people may be wondering why and thinking it was a bad idea but I want to assure you it wasn't. I'll start by saying that I haven't been happy in college for a while now I love taking classes for learning but couldn't find motivation for my major. I chose a major that was easy but I didn't like and then tried switching it to a subject I loved but wasn't good at but neither felt right. This is when the worst summer of my life happened, I was told by a family member who was supporting me I was cut off. I tried calling another family member for advice or help and was told to suck it up and drop out if I can't hack it. In retrospect I should have known to go to a friend for this rather than family, it's never been a good idea. My bf was donating plasma and I was taking odd jobs that would accept me in order to not lose the apartment and afford ramen. I tried donating too but passed out and was told by a doctor I physically couldn't. We couldn't afford to run the AC when it was reaching 112 outside. We sat down and had a very serious talk about what we were going to do. It was obvious how unhappy I was and I admitted it was because I didn't want a career, I wanted to be a stay at home wife and mom someday. We kept talking about how possible it was and what our life would look like. I have to work for now while he is in school, so I kept taking odd jobs to build up a resume and hopefully get a real job. Still it was absolutely terrifying that I wasn't a student anymore and had no safety net until the day I worked a bachelor party. Another girl was there as a bartender named Jayde and we hit it off immediately. She was about the same age as me and had also dropped out. She was this carefree breath of fresh air who took what she wanted and it actually came to her. She showed me another side of living in Vegas and even ran a successful blog which I had wanted to start for years. She inspired me to let loose some, to start my blog, and not be ashamed of my decision. Thinking back to how unhappy I was and how negatively I viewed my future only a year ago, it's really obvious how much happier I am and excited I am for the future. Most of my jobs have been a blast and given me interesting experiences.I don't regret any of my decisions because they have given me good and bad experiences and I finally feel like there is a destination so the road no matter how long, seems brighter.

5 comments:

  1. IF I haven't told you yet, I love you!

    This really made my day. I was feeling really lonely and lost. As you probably know I AM a stay at home mom for cats, and a housewife. Yet, I wish I was you, in your exact life.

    You are so amazing with so many possibilities in Vegas. I look up to you even though I am older and far more seasoned than you are.

    Keep doing what you are doing.

    You are and will continue to shine.

    XXOO, Jayde

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF I haven't told you yet, I love you!

    This really made my day. I was feeling really lonely and lost. As you probably know I AM a stay at home mom for cats, and a housewife. Yet, I wish I was you, in your exact life.

    You are so amazing with so many possibilities in Vegas. I look up to you even though I am older and far more seasoned than you are.

    Keep doing what you are doing.

    You are and will continue to shine.

    XXOO, Jayde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jayde, I wish you could come back to Vegas and be our roomie. I miss you!

      Delete