Thursday, December 3, 2015

Santa's Little Helper

It seems just yesterday I had lots of free time being occupied by Netflix and boredom while I tried finding something to do in this town. Until I got a phone call asking me to come work for Cherry Hills again! For anyone who doesn't know this is the same company that I did the Easter Bunny for, only this time around I'm Santa's helper! I chose to come back once again as an assistant manager and even have some of the same crew from last season. The big difference with this job is unlike a bunny suit, you cannot throw anyone in as Santa because he talks and has his face showing etc. We have about 3 men who all come in on different shifts to interact with the kids and they are all great at what they do and really nice guys. In shows and movies they always act like the mall Santa is just any guy willing to take the job for a couple hundred extra dollars and could care less. I was shocked to figure out that not only did they take their jobs so seriously, they book jobs year round! 

We are located in the Downtown Summerlin Mall inside the giant Igloo right next to the skating rink. If I walk outside I get to see families skating alongside Elsa and Anna on one side, a Christmas tree lot to the other, and a giant Christmas tree behind us. The mall wanted us to go for a very chic modern feel and I think they did a good job, however I'm a little sad I have to wear all black. I think I'm the only employee who was HOPING to be dressed like an elf, but we could have at least got a red apron. When you bring your child into the igloo they are greeted by Santa as they tell him what they want for Christmas and even hand him a letter, then hop on the lap to smile for a photo or two. While the parents choose the best photo and package they want the kids will be getting a light up reindeer nose as a present from Santa. From there they can tell the cashier if they want to buy a frame or plush and pay. By the time you are done the photos have been printed and handed to you along with a shutterfly gift card as a present for the parents. If you come in early your kids can get a lot of one on one time with Santa but the closer it gets to Christmas the pace is going to pick way up. 
So even though my schedule is busy now why did I choose to stay? I would never come back if I didn't like it and this is one of my favorite jobs I've done. I get to work with adorable children, make the parents happy, and work with a fun crew. Not to mention I get to learn how to use the camera, POS register inside and out, helping managing a crew, customer experience and so much more. Hope to see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment